Yesterday,I ran out of bread and I didn’t want to make the usual bread,I wanted to experiment again with a new recipe… So,while Anna was catching some Z’s( I love this expression!) and finally,I found some time to relax and put myself together,I found on the internet a gluten free soda bread recipe from Betty Crocker..I loved the bread was looking like ,but I didn’t want any sweetness into it.
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose GF flour ( I used Pamela’s Artisan Flour Blend)
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/3 cup smoked Gouda,shredded,or any other cheese of your choice
- a pinch of coriander powder ( optional)
- a pinch of anise powder (optional)
- a pinch of white pepper( don’t put much,because it has strong flavor!)
It’s my mom’s habit to add coriander and anise powder into the bread. It makes it so flavorful!!
Truth is,I’ve never taste the real Irish soda bread and I have no idea if the gluten free version is close enough to the original..! I hope, I will not disappoint any Irish viewer!!
Nevertheless,the results were undoubtedly stunning and the bread came out scrumptious,crispy outside and fluffy on the inside!
I fell in love with this bread! I’ll make it again and again!