Yesterday,I went to the grocery store and Greek yogurt is always on my shopping list. A long line of Greek generations grew up with Greek yogurt. Even my daughter,loves Greek yogurt! It’s tart,thick and luscious,full of protein and calcium. I specifically remember as a kid,mixing fruits and honey with yogurt. That was a gourmet snack! What a great balance! Organic juicy fruits are one of the best snacks to hydrate your body,during the summer.
After I saw my daughter eating yogurt and strawberries I said to myself “Why not making a Greek yogurt strawberry mousse?” (Yes,sometimes I talk to myself!) Then it hit me! A strawberry lemonade yogurt mousse!
The lemon brightens up the mousse and takes it to another level. Easy to make,quick,no fuss, airy, refreshing and luscious! I think the photos speak for themselves…!
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tbsp fresh strawberries, pureed
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Whip heavy cream, until forms stiff picks.
- Add the sugar and yogurt, mix well until well incorporated.
- Fold in strawberries and the lemon zest and juice and mix with a spatula.
- Let it in the fridge for 1-4 hours to set and enjoy!