Summer in Las Vegas is very hot and some times unbearable! After 4 years, living in Las Vegas,I still can’t tolerate the summer heat,neither can my daughter. We both love cold and rain,stepping in the paddles of water and playing on the rain.
One thing I love about summer in Las Vegas,though,is the abundance of fruits of any kind! But I always choose those I am familiar with and take me straight back to my childhood! Juicy,fragrant peaches and cold lemonade! I recently found an easy recipe for peach lemonade from Passion for savings and I said that I had to try it! I add lemon and garnish it with mint leaves and I created a Peach lemonade ice tea. So refreshing and herbaceous!
Peach Lemonade syrup:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 peaches,ripen and sliced
- juice of two lemons
- 6 cups of water
- 3 green tea bags
- Bring syrup ingredients to boil. Then reduce heat to medium.
- Crush peach slices as you stir to dissolve sugar. Simmer for 4 minutes.
- Turn off heat,cover and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Boil water and brew tea letting steep 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and refrigerate until tea is completely cold
- Strain syrup through a fine strainer to remove fruit pieces.
Don’t toss them! They make incredible peach spread.