There is a love-hate relationship between blueberries and me. I kind of dislike them when raw,but I love them so much in cakes,muffins,sauces and when there are cooked. My daughter loves them,and I am so happy about it. She loves fruits and veggies so much!
Last week, Anna and I went to my friend Natasha for a coffee and play date. Of course,I can’t go with empty hands when the kids are home. They always expect something sweet! I made these muffins and they devour them within few minutes!
Blueberries and lemon is the perfect,heaven on earth flavor combination! The tart fruit is getting so sweet when baked and it keeps just the right amount of tartness and the lemon brightens up the muffins.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 olive oil
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- zest and juice of a lemon
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven at 350 F. Line muffin cups in a muffin tin and set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix dry ingredients:the rice flour,cornstarch,almond flour,baking powder,the salt and the poppy seed.
- In another medium bowl beat with a hand mixer the eggs and sugar for two minutes,until you get a pale thick cream.
- Add the olive oil,yogurt,lemon juice and the zest,vanilla extract and beat again until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and beat for a minute.
- Add the blueberries and with a spatula mix the batter carefully.
- Fill the 2/3 of the muffin tin and bake for 18-20 minutes until the op is golden brown.
- To make the glaze,simply mix all the ingredients until you have a smooth and slightly thick glaze.
Note: Before you add the blueberries,you can first toss them in the dry ingredients and set them aside. That way,they won’t sink in the bottom of the muffin.