I must admit,that it was awful! There was nothing to remind me of that beautiful crust,with the fluffy interior. It was completely tasteless! That’s something gets me angry! Just because we are gluten intolerant,doesn’t have to be tasteless! We deserve a better flavored product like other people!
After many experiments,I finally found a recipe that reminds me of the classic baguette. This recipe makes two baguettes. You can find the baguette pan,online at Walmart,or look at your local kitchen supply store.
Beautiful crust and fragrant interior. We ate the baguettes in one day! Perfect for a sandwich! In one loaf I added sun dried tomatoes and the oil from the sun dried tomato jar. How much I love the aromas of the fresh baked bread! Just out of this world bread!
- 7.4 oz brown rice flour
- 2.4 oz white rice flour
- 3.8 oz arrowroot starch
- 3 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon yeast
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/4 cup lukewarm water
- 3 teaspoons xantham gum
- Using a heavy-duty mixer, blend the following on low: brown rice flour, white rice flour,arrowroot starch , xantham gum and salt
- In a small bowl, dissolve sugar in the water and then add the yeast.
- When the mixture foams slightly, add the mixture to the dry ingredients.
- Next, add butter, egg whites,the egg, and vinegar.
- With the mixer on high, beat the mixture for 3 minutes.
- Spoon dough into French bread pans.
- Make diagonal cuts a few inches apart.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Cover the dough and let rise until doubled, about 20-25 minutes.
- Preheat oven at 380 F.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool.