I belong to the category of food addicts, I strongly believe it’s really serious and it becomes worse day by day…Every time ,my hunger and creativity unite,wonderful things can happen! My excuse for making donuts almost every month is simply ridiculous,but no one can argue with me. Come on! Who doesn’t love donuts and coffee in the morning? I usually say “I need to try that recipe I have on my mind! Must be executed immediately!” Numerous times,I’m writing my thoughts down on my trusty notebook and execute them,no matter how tired I might be.
While ago, I made brioche baklava and it was a big hit in our family. No kidding! Besides, it would be a tad embarrassing as a Greek to fail baklava filling. Fluffy,buttery brioche with syrupy,spiced filling with the nut flavor playing the main role. Just superb!
This time,I used my Gluten free brioche batter and I make tiny,lovely,airy,fluffy and irresistible brioche donuts filled with whipped coffee and boozy caramel sauce. Once you sink your teeth into these, the cream filling oozes and takes it to a whole another level.
They will satisfy the most refined taste buds! It’s impossible to eat only one…
Make the filling:
- In a medium bowl add the heavy cream,but keep 1 tablespoon on the side.
- Beat until stiff picks formed. Put the tablespoon of heavy cream that you kept in a small,microwave safe bowl and heat it for 10 secs. You just need to warm it so you can dissolve the coffee and cocoa. Stir until the coffee and cocoa dissolve.
- Let the coffee and cocoa-heavy cream mixture cool down completely and add it in the whipped cream.
- Add the caramel sauce and stir with a spatula.
- Put the filling in a piping bag and keep it in the fridge.
To make the donuts:
- In a deep frying pan,add some canola oil and let it get hot. The oil must be 340 F temperature.
- Dust a clean surface with white rice flour and try to stretch the brioche dough with your hands.
- With a small 2” cookie cutter,cut little circles and carefully add them in the hot canola oil. Do not overcrowd the pan,because the oil temperature will drop and your donuts will be greasy and will not be fried fast. Let them fry 3-4 minutes in each side,until you get a golden brown exterior.
- In a medium bowl,add the sugar.
- When donuts are ready,toss them in the sugar and let them coat evenly.
- When the donuts are all done,let them cool down slightly and pip the a little bit of the filling.