Raise your hand if you love chocolate! Now,raise both hand if you love Toblerone! Chocolate lovers,rejoice!
Oh my goodness that chocolate,has a special place in my heart… I first tried it while I was still studying in college. Not a cheap chocolate for a college kid like me,but hey,I’ve got to try it! It was love from first bite.. The crunch of the Honey & Almond nougat,and the beautiful milk Swiss chocolate,and the unusual pyramid shape made it much easier for me to fall in love with.
I was so busy these days,trying to work on my blog harder. Therefore,I’ve changed the name into My gluten free home bakery. After such a long time of cooking and baking,I realize that my cozy warm home is more like a home bakery,than just a food blog. We are more than a food blog. I am thinking very seriously to open a home bakery. It’s a lot of work,especially when bureaucracy takes place,but I really hope to make my dream come true!
Two days ago,I decided to take our love to another level and make a cake out of Toblerone chocolate. The warmth of the cinnamon in combination of the floral notes of orange and the melted chocolate,is simply irresistible! As usual,I tried to balance the sweetness of the chocolate and luckily,the results were successful.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- zest and juice of an orange
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Toblerone,chopped
- Heat the oven at 350 F.
- Put your cupcake liners in your cupcake tin.
- In a medium bowl,whisk with a hand mixer,the eggs and sugar until becomes pale and creamy.
- Add the olive oil,the yogurt,vanilla extract,zest and juice and whisk again.
- Add the rice flour,corn starch,almond meal,cinnamon,salt and baking powder,until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add the chopped toblerone and fold with a spatula.
- Fill up 2/3 of the tins and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Let them cool down and sprinkle some powdered sugar.