There is nothing better than a quick and delicious meal! Sometimes,most of us are busy working or taking care of kids without time for cooking. And that’s when you need something simple,yet scrumptious to fill up the hungry bellies of big and small kids.
A lot of times I am craving for an omelette,but not a simple one,an omelette packed with veggies and full of flavor. Frittata is the ideal quick meal!
Frittata is an egg-based Italian dish,similar to an omelette,enriched with additional ingredients,such as vegetables and herbs. The following recipe was a last-minute thought,an “every veggies on my fridge available” kind of recipe! The sweetness of the cherry tomatoes combined with the basil and the tangy and briny feta cheese is just heavenly and it will definitely make you full!
- 6 eggs,beaten
- 1 medium potato,peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 cherry tomatoes,cut in half
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
- 1 medium zucchini,cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 medium bell pepper,cut in 1/4 inch cubes
- 3 spring onions,peeled and chopped
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven at 375 F.
- In a medium size skillet,heat the olive oil. Add potatoes and cook,for about 3-4 minutes per side or until tender and slightly browned. Remove the potatoes from the skillet. Add the bell peppers,zucchini and continue cooking until tender and crisp. Season with some salt and pepper,to taste. Arrange the cooked potatoes in the skillet and the beaten eggs.
- Let it cook for a minute,until the eggs are set in the edges but still loose on top.
- Add the cherry tomatoes,sprinkle with feta cheese and add the basil leaves.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the fritatta is slightly golden and set in the middle
- Sprinkle the green onions on top.