There is always an excuse for baking some cookies. Whether is Easter, Christmas,Mother’s Day or summertime I,personally always find an excuse to make something sweet,a cake,cookies or doughnuts,to company my morning coffee. Nobody wants to begin his/her day with a plain coffee and an empty stomach!
Fragrant,soft and nutty,these cookies are simply gorgeous! The white chocolate flirting with the cashews and the floral notes of orange come along. I’m telling you,these cookies are out of this world scrumptious! My picky daughter ate them with her milk and she loved them! So simple to make and a great way to make your little ones help you. Besides, what’s baking without a messy kitchen?
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white chocolate
- 1/2 cup cashews,toasted and chopped
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- Preheat oven at 375 F.Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine almond flour,baking soda and sea salt and set aside.
- Mix vegetable oil and maple syrup in a mixer until creamy but not fully incorporated, about 5 minutes.
- Add whole egg,egg whites,orange zest and vanilla extract,mix for 2 more minutes.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to egg mixture and mix for 1 minute.
- Add white chocolate chips and toasted cashews and mix with a spoon until well combined.
- Place large rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets,about 1 inch apart. Flatten slightly,to 1-inch thickness. Bake until set and golden, about 15 minutes.