Decadent,moist and fluffy brownie cupcakes with peanut butter frosting ready to be devoured! I know,I know! It’s summer time and most of us are trying so hard to get ready for the beach or pool,by being on diet! Ugh! My whole life I’ve been trying to resist chocolate and all these temptation but it was and still is,IMPOSSIBLE!
Last week,I tried to do a week chocolate and everything sweet,withdrawal.My experiment yet successful it made me just a tad more nervous that usual and snacking all the time something savory. You see,I was trying to drown my sorrow in crackers and wood fired Napolitana pizza.
The bottom line is: I will not do it again for such a long time,maybe a two-day withdrawal would be fine. Right?
So,to recover from such a shock,I made these beauties! chocolate brownie cupcakes with peanut butter frosting. I’m not so font of using peanut butter,as I was trying to find a recipe on Pinterest,I found this incredible peanut butter frosting from Sally’s baking addiction.
The brownies are decadent,moist and slightly crackly on top with the fluffy and dreamy peanut butter frosting,definitely the perfect marriage. Is going to bring tears of joy in your eyes!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 8 ounces (226 grams) dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1 cup gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
For the frosting:
- 5 Tablespoons (75g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup (250g) creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup (120g) confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- peanut butter cups,cut in half
- chocolate syrup(optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C). Line a cupcake pan with liners; set aside.
- Place the butter and chocolate in a heat-proof bowl and place that bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water, making sure the bottom of the bowl does not touch the simmering water. Stir until the butter and chocolate are completely melted.
- Add in the brown sugar, espresso powder and vanilla; whisk well to combine. Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool for a few minutes.
- Once the mixture has slightly cooled, add in the eggs and yolk, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Whisk in the flour, salt, and baking powder – careful not to over mix here! Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter among the prepared cupcake cups.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 21-25 minutes. Allow the cupcakes to cool in the pan for 20 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
To make the frosting:
- Using a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the softened butter on medium speed for 1 minute until completely smooth and creamy.
- Add the peanut butter and beat on medium-high speed until the two are combined.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar, cream, vanilla extract, and salt. Beat on low speed for about 20 seconds, then gradually increase to high speed.
- Beat on high for 1 minute.
- Frost cooled brownie cupcakes and top them with the chocolate syrup(if using) and half peanut butter cups.