For a long time I’ve been looking for smooth almond butter and finally, I found it! I,recently,discover Barney butter and is definitely my latest obsession! So smooth and light and not overwhelming whatsoever.
My daughter is totally in love with this. She is one of those kids who gets disgusted by peanut butter. Yes, I know..is weird but it really happens! She told me to make some cake and add a little bit of almond butter. So,I thought “Hmm.. BLONDIES!”
These beauties are so irresistible,the almond butter blends beautiful with the orange and the chocolate is just superb! Soft,moist,chewy and chocolatey it will definitely make you eat more than one piece!
- 1 large egg,room temperature
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup almond butter,I used smooth Barney Butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup m&m’s or chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven at 350 F. Prepare an 8×8 inch pan with foil and cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl,beat the egg with a stand mixer,or whisk by hand if you want,until becomes frothy. Add the honey and continue beating on medium speed,until well incorporated.
- Add almond butter,vanilla extract and orange zest and continue beating on low.
- Finally,add baking powder and salt.
- Using a wooden spoon or a rubber spatula,add the m&m’s or chocolate chips,and stir well until well combined.
- Pour the batter in the baking pan and bake for 15-20 minutes,until golden brown and A toothpick inserted into the center will come out with a few moist crumbs when done.
- Allow the blondies to cool down completely,before serving.